Stockholm – Part 3

Stockholm – Part 3

For my last day in Stockholm, I headed to the city centre in the morning, dropped my bags off at the tourist info inside Ahlens, then took the tram out to Nyboplan to join the Royal Canal Tour. I was lucky that the weather during my entire stay in Stockholm was warm and sunny. It made it extra enjoyable spending those 45 mins touring Stockholm by boat.

After the boat tour I had a stroll through Berzelii Park and Kungstradgarden. I came just in time for the cherry blossoms cause all the trees were in full bloom at both parks! Since it was Friday during the lunch hour, everyone was enjoying themselves outdoors. It was so relaxing sitting down taking in the view.

Berzelii Park Kungstradgarden

For lunch I ended up going to Kajsas Fisk. For some reason I initially thought it was a restaurant, which was why I kept walking in circles trying to find it on the streets. However, I ended up stumbling inside the Hötorgshallen food market and realized it was actually located within the food market itself! It was super busy when I got there so I ordered my food at the counter then took a seat inside their small (and tight) dining area. A lot of people recommend ordering their fish soup, which is actually considered a meal on its own because of the generous amount of seafood. However, I ended up getting their skagen toast as well, as it was another Swedish delicacy I wanted to try. Both were soooo good that I wish I had extra space to finish it all!

Kajsas Fisk

After lunch I went back to pick up my luggage, then slowly retraced my steps towards Nybrolan. I stopped by Kungstradgarden to grab some ice cream at the square, then made my way back to the docks to take the hop-on-hop-off boat towards Stadsgarden, where I would be boarding the ship to Helsinki.

It was my first time taking an overnight ferry, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. The Viking Line ships are big, but the interiors are very dated, especially the cabin I stayed in. Since I didn’t want to pay extra I ended up staying in a room below the car decks. It did save me from paying for an extra night of hotel, so it worked out really well. The ship departed at 4:30pm and I had a pretty uneventful journey all the way to Finland. Hehe

Comments are closed.